We know there are many ways we can make a big difference to young people with physical disabilities. Making friends, learning how to cook, making decisions about futures, trying a new sport and having a weekend break away from their parents and carers are some.
There are many ways that you can support Active8 - you don’t even need to leave your home! There are hundreds of ways that you can raise money or become involved with the charity. Below are some different ideas of how to support the work we do
How to help
1. Run a fundraising event - however big or small the activity, you will have support from our staff team.
2. BECOME A VOLUNTEER. Our work with young people relies on help from our amazing volunteers. Active8 runs a number of projects for young people and volunteers are an essential part of our team when out and about with young people. Volunteers help at residential weekends and day activities. Volunteers are not expected to provide personal care to young people, we have support workers who provide this support. Young people greatly benefit from the personal and life experiences that a volunteer can bring.
3. Attend a fundraising event- sign up to BECOME A SUPPORTER of Active8 and you will receive our regular newsletters with all the news about exciting events and opportunities.
4. Challenge yourself by planning a sponsorship activity, such as a run, walk or other challenge event.
LET US KNOW and we will see whether other supporters wish to get involved too!
5. Does your workplace have an annual local charity that they fundraise for? Could you suggest Active8? CONTACT US for more information - we'd love to hear from you.
6. Shop online and raise money for Active8 with no cost to yourself! Sign up to "Give As You Live" and choose one of the many shopping outlets, who will then make a donation, based on your purchase to Active8, go to GIVE AS YOU LIVE
7. Save your used ink cartridges. Don't throw them in the bin let us recycle them and raise money at the same time. Feel free to get in contact to arrange collection or send them to our office at B108 Beacon Place, Station Approach, Victoria, St Austell, PL26 8LG
8. Make a donation. You can give to Active8 via our donation button on our FACEBOOK PAGE.
If you pay income tax, please use Gift Aid as it increases your gift by 25%!
9. BECOME A TRUSTEE. Being a trustee is unpaid, but definitely rewarding in other ways, and a great way to help an organisation you believe in. We need people with a wide range of skills they can bring to the trustee board, who are interested in young people and can communicate well. Currently Active8 is particularly looking for people with experience of housing and of promoting small organisations.
Active8 currently has 13 trustees: they meet every 2 months. Their role is to employ and support staff, make policy and financial decisions on behalf of the charity, and ensure it continues to serve the purpose for which it was set up. Some trustees are also members of Active8 youth groups. Contact us for more information.